Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Now Just Wait a Minute!


Greetings Fairy Followers,

'Tis the season...of waiting. Waiting for the school year to end, waiting for the weather to warm up, waiting for college and scholarship acceptance (or rejection) letters. I've been doing a bit of waiting myself and can say, quite frankly, it stinks!

In his book, Visioneering, Andy Stanley, Atlanta pastor coined the phrase, "Waiting time is not wasted time." If you can grab onto this idea--it can change the way you wait!

David said it best in Psalm 5:3, "In the morning O Lord, I lay my requests before you and I wait in expectation!"

Waiting is holding on and praying expectantly!

Waiting is watching for a signal from God when to move!

Waiting is a time to observe the needs of others around you!

Waiting is the place of listening to the still, small voice in your heart!

Waiting is not a lonely activity, if you invite someone to wait with you!

This week, wait in joyful expectation of what is to come. And live in the now, striving for the Lord's will in your life.

Blessings, The B.D.F.

1 comment:

  1. I love this line, "wait in joyful expectation." You inspire me! Hugs, Rita

    ReplyDelete

Visitor Counter