Thursday, January 29, 2009

Body Parts

I Corinthians 12:14-20: Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

If you really want to have some fun...get a group of friends together, butcher paper and your markers. Have someone lay down on the paper and trace around him or her. Now label the person you've drawn with how you fit in the body.

Are you an ear because you listen well?
Are you an eye because you can spot when things need change?
Are you a mouth because you speak God's words?
Are you the hand of a servant or the foot of an evangelist?
Are you an elbow or a tendon that ties parts together?

Can you guess what I am? Even though I speak through the written word, I still consider that being a mouth. But even saying I'm a mouth includes so many pieces. A tongue to manipulate and sculpt. Teeth to chew up the info...there are the most of those. Lips to close or open as needed. Taste buds to test the spirits. And so many more things that I can't see.

There are also nerves and cavities which is why I need to make sure I'm brushing and flossing my part of the body with continued regularity.

I'd love to see some pictures of this project!! Time to get out your crayons and markers boys and girls and get to work on some art.

Blessings,
The B.D.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter