Friday, January 30, 2009

Love for the Loves


Got the following updates about Jeff Love. For those of you who aren't in the know, this is the friend of the Dunham's working through a bone marrow transplant. Keep them in your prayers.


Jeff asked me to just give a quick note of praise from him.
The doctor just visited him and was so pleased with the way he is progressing and the way his counts are coming up, he said if things continue to improve at this rate he might be able to come home as early as this Monday, January 12!!!!! I can’t tell you how excited he is! He will still have out patient monitoring, treatment, and blood product support, but at least he can sleep in his own bed until he is admitted again at the end of the month for the high dose chemo and stem cell transplant.
We are so thankful and feel so blessed! Thank you all for your continued prayers on behalf of Jeff and our family!!!!!
God Bless!
Jan Love


I forgot in all my excitement to update the chain…..I’m actually at home for two weeks (the Dr. is giving me a little reprieve) to rest up for the next round of high dose chemo and then the transplant. At first I wanted to just get it over with, but after 26 days in the stem cell unit at the hospital for the first round of chemo I REALLY needed a break. I feel SO blessed to have this time with my family and just to sleep in my own bed and recover….Again, I want thank all my brothers and sisters in Christ for the all the prayers being lifted up to our Heavenly Father for me and especially my family at this time….I’m actually studying the book of Psalms and today read Psalm 12:6 which says “The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times”……..I thank God for the “extra “ time to study and dig into His word and the assurances He gives me in everything I read…… Wed. morning I go back to the hospital for another bone marrow biopsy to see how effective the first round of chemo was …….
In Christ,
Jeff Love

Just a quick update on my medical situation …….I had another bone marrow biopsy yesterday and the results are amazing, the induction chemo therapy I had has reduced the leukemia BACK to myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) or pre-leukemia as it is called…….I still will have another round of chemo and then the stem cell transplant that will happen the last week of January……We are praising God for this news as the leukemia is actually reversed for now and this should make the stem cell transplant more manageable…….I want to thank our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for this answer to prayer and I want to thank all the faithful prayer warriors out there for lifting me and my family up in prayer during this time…..
In Christ,
Jeff Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter