Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Always Be Prepared

Motto of the Boy Scouts of America - don't ya know. Be Prepared. As I was working on the study for the Bible Memorization section of our H.A.B.I.T.S. study my Microsoft Word Clipboard quit working. Which meant that I couldn't do my usual side by side of the devotion with a version of the Bible from crosswalk.com.
Do you see where this is going?

Yeah, I didn't have all of the verses memorized so I had to keep flipping back and forth and typing three and four words at a time. I quit, closed everything and prayed it was fixed when I reopened. Talk about not practicing what you preach. I did know the general content, which I guess is better than nothing and in this day and age of technology and information super-highways it's easy to find what we need without the pesky problem of memorizing them all.

Romans 1:28 "Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done." And the list of "what ought not to be done" goes on for another four verses if you want to check it out.

So, what do you think? Is it still important to memorize scripture? Why or why not? The B.D.F. awaits your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter