Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hang Time with God





It was so nice to see all of your smiling faces back together again after a cold and snowy Christmas break.

We kicked off our H.A.B.I.T.S. study last night with Hang Time with God. What did you think?

Have you started on your devotions yet? It's a great way to start spending a little time with God - without a whole lot of pressure. This week we're talking about a process that you can use to make your time with God productive. I don't know about you, but I like things laid out for me. Don't just tell me what to do, give me a few hints as to how I can do it. That's what your devotion books are designed to do and you will find them filled with practical application.

We welcome your questions and comments here in the hollow log and will respond as quickly as possible. The B.D.F. has a bit of an internet addiction and her glow may start to fade if you don't at least leave a comment or a little shout out...dawgs.

Until next time, the Bible Devotion Fairy.

7 comments:

  1. What do you do if you can't find some of the books of the Bible? I don't know where they are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is the main reason why I bought a set of those little tabs that go on the edge of the pages...makes finding those pesky minor prophets so much easier.

    Barring that study aid, the Bible is much like your English book (besides being filled with stories of intrigue and poetry) in that it has a table of contents at the very beginning. (Mine is two pieces of paper in from the cover) Just look for the name of the book and then flip to the page listed.

    And before you ask...there is no book of Hezekiah. If that's what you were asked to find - you're being Punked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear dev. fairy,
    I was wondering if it was possible to put the daily devotionals on here? I'm afraid i will not be able to go to youth group every week, and I don't want to miss anything. Let me know, please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I am working the problem. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ta-Da!! Check it out and thanks for helping me increase my knowledge by doing this research.

    The BDF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pleasure. Nothing better to do while stranded inside on these bitter days!!

    ReplyDelete

Visitor Counter