Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Perfect Gift

My family has a long history of giving bad gifts. My dad gave my step mom a router for their first Christmas and a ping-pong table for their second. After that she started buying her own gifts. I'm not kidding. I've received a fish plate for a gift and a pair of leg warmers about ten sizes too small. My husband did really great our first Christmas and has been so-so since. I'm telling you guys out there to stick to the list. Trust me.

When I did my spiritual gifts testing again I was sad to see that I don't have the gifts of voluntary poverty and service and mercy. Those are the ones that I wish I had and have to work on. Ah, there goes that lack of contentment raising it's ugly head again. Why are we not just content with what we have? Even God can't give us the right gift, huh? Wrong. His gifts are always perfect and always right on time.

Be content. Celebrate the gifts you have, build the ones you feel led to. How do you feel about your gifts? What would you pick if you could pick just one extra to add?

Blessings,
The B.D.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter