Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Letters

The year I met the man who would become my adoring husband he sent me valentines. Lots and lots of valentines. Three big envelopes stuffed with those little valentines that you send to your school friends in third grade. Each one was signed and had a little message. It made me smile. For a long time.

I was challenged through a study I was doing recently. The teacher asked if I really loved God. Well...sure. I'm a good Christian girl - have been since 8. I go to church, read my Bible, pray as well as I can in a home with small children. I would say I love God.

Beth Moore offered a checklist:
1. Does God regularly circulate through your thoughts?
2. Am I drawn to spend time with Him?
3. Does my life demonstrate a love for Him?
4. Do I often enjoy God?
5. Do I find relief or satisfaction in the obedient life...even when it's hard?

How did you do? I find I love to learn...and now need to learn to love a little better. I was reading some verses about God's love - what better way to love someone than to listen to how much he loves you?

Malachi 3:18 - They will be mine in the day when I make up my treasured possessions.
Zeph 3:17 - He will rejoice over you with singing.
Psalm 45:11 - The King is enthralled with your beauty.

Are you feeling warm and fuzzy yet? He is also proud of you and spends his time boasting about you. How cool.

So, celebrate love today. In the right way. God is love. Any way we have to express that is from him.

Blessings, The B.D.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter