Wednesday, February 18, 2009

If You Want to Walk on Water


Have you ever jumped out of the boat? I'm not much of a daredevil. I'm scared of heights so there will be no skydiving pictures in my scrapbook. That also means no base jumping, bungee jumping or spaceflight. I don't even like commercial flight.

But I have had the experience of grasping my Savior's hand and leaping from my safe haven into his glorious unknown. I picked a man and chose to love him, I took a job in the old west, I've invited troubled kids to be part of my family...all things that were scaring and thrilling at the same time.

Peter had a habit of falling into the sea. He was the one who got out of the boat and walked on water, he's the one who jumped out of the boat and swam to Jesus when he appeared on the beach. Peter was willing to jump...are you?

What do you believe God is asking you to do? Talk to a friend about him? Volunteer for something at church or school? Study art instead of accounting at college?

I Peter Week One

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter