Sunday, March 22, 2009

Filter between brain and mouth

Greetings Fairy Followers,

I have long had a faulty filter that refuses to warn me when the things in my brain shouldn't leave my mouth. I'll spare you all the stories, but the feelings came back as we had a very interesting Sunday morning. First we spent some time with Francis Chan talking about the awe-factor of God. How we have come to see him, at times, as common and were reminded in Ecclesiastes of how wrong that is!

Ecclesiastes 5:1-2 "Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong. Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few."

Then we walked into Sunday service and listened to the disciples tell Christ: Mark 10:35 'Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to him. "Teacher," they said, "we want you to do for us whatever we ask."'

Talk about being hasty and quick with your mouth! "Here God, do this for me." Not how God operates.

So, Fairy Followers, be full of awe this week and come before him humbly. Here's a great video to "Let My Words Be Few" by Matt Redman



Blessings, The B.D.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter