Thursday, March 5, 2009

Evening in a Funeral Home

Greetings Fairy Followers,

When the BDF was a wee glimmering spark, her babysitter's family operated the local funeral home which meant that I played hide and seek with my brother amongst caskets and grew accustomed to the smell of formaldehyde. I considered it seriously creepy that anyone would want to do that for a job.

Years later, I saw my babysitter again when she was acting in the role of funeral director for my grandmother's funeral (she died just shy of her 100th birthday). There are few ministries that touch a heart when it is most tender than those who help us grieve.

So, if you could be a fly on the wall at your own funeral what would you hope to hear? What is the hardest loss you've had to endure? Share your thoughts.

Blessings,
The B.D.F.


Here follows the outline from Pastor Alan's teaching from last night.
3.4(2).09 HaNdout Outline FILLED in Wk 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter