Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Counterfeit

Greetings Fairy Followers,

You know how they train federal treasury officers to identify counterfeit money, right? They spend hours, days and weeks looking at the real thing so that when something unreal passes their eyes it stands out like a flashing neon sign.

I was thinking that it works the same when it comes to our own faith. Instead of matching ourselves up against the amazing holiness of God, we look at those around us and decide if we are better or worse.

For if we were looking to the great, awesome, holiness of God then we would say what Isaiah said: I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple..."Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."

I read my Crazy Love chapter last night - I know some of you already have and I couldn't stand to be behind - and Francis Chan said some of the same things. Here is the Awesomeness of God video he mentions.



And...just for fun.



Blessings,
The B.D.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter