Thursday, December 17, 2009

Old School Jesus in Job


Greetings Fairy Followers,

It is Christmas time and the hollow logs in the neighborhood are bedecked with blinking fireflies. What a wonderful time of year to be talking about Jesus in all of his incarnations.

Last week we talked about Jesus in Job. Job is a fascinating book of the Bible having the designation of being the very first scripture written down. And when that writer inscribed his inspiration he wrote:

"Oh, that my words were recorded, that they were written on a scroll, that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead, or engraved in rock forever! I know that my Redeemer lives and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God..."

I know that my Redeemer lives. I know he will stand upon the earth in the end. Wow. Before the tabernacle was toted through the dessert, before the temple was built in Jerusalem, before Sunday morning coffee hour became the standard, Job Knew.

I pray that this season finds you secure in the knowledge of your salvation and your savior. Know that you know, dear followers.

Blessings, The B.D.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter