Thursday, April 2, 2009

Remember Me

Greetings Fairy Followers,

I love it when a plan comes together (ten points for whoever can name the show that's from). On Sunday in our "Crazy Love" class we talked about the fact that life can be over in an instant and what would be want to have done differently.

Last night at Plumbline you all talked about how you want to be remembered. What you want your life to mean. Would you rather be remembered as Mother Theresa or Saddam Hussein?

Here are some interesting epitaphs I found:

On Ezekiel Pease:

Pease is not here,

Only his pod

He shelled out his Peas

And went to his God

Nantucket, Massachusetts


Effie Jean Robinson

1897-1922

Come blooming youths, as you pass by ,

And on these lines do cast an eye.

As you are now, so once was I;

As I am now, so must you be;

Prepare for death and follow me.

Which is not funny at all. But underneath, someone had added:

To follow you

I am not content,

How do I know

Which way you went.



So, my question to you, Fairy Followers, is what would you like to have said in your eulogy or on your tombstone? She was a woman of style and grace? He was a man of strength and character? She knew God? Loved God? Served God?

Post your own epitaphs here...I'd love to hear them. Or watch out and I might post one for you.

Alan Dunham here doth rest
The weight of earth upon his chest
No more smiles or breaths of air
No more worrying about his hair

Blessings, the B.D.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter