Thursday, April 9, 2009

Frank's D2S phone call

We asked, Frank answered - here's what happened at Dare 2 Share when Frank made a phone call:

Dare 2 Share was an amazing weekend. I feel truly blessed to have gone. On Saturday we were challenged to pull out our cell phone right there at the conference and share the gospel with one of our friends. Before the challenge Greg Stier(the founder of Dare 2 Share) taught us how to share the gospel.

G-God created us to be with him
O-our sins separate us from God
S-sins cannot be removed by good deeds
P-paying the price for our sins, Christ died
and rose again
E-everyone who trusts in Christ alone has
eternal life
L-life that's eternal means we will be with
Jesus forever

So, I called my friend and started to share the gospel with him. I started telling him about God wanting to have a relationship with us. Then I told him about the problem of sin. At first he thought that good works would get him to heaven. But then I explained to him how God is perfect and he expects us to be perfect also. And we may think we are good people compared to others, but God is not comparing us to other people but to himself. There is no way that we could ever be good enough to remove our sins. I continued to tell him about grace and Jesus' death on the cross. He understood all that I told him. I asked him if he was ready to trust Jesus Christ as his savior. He said yes!! I prayed with him and then invited him to church with me this Sunday.

God really is amazing, and he can use us in incredible ways if we let him. I would also like to say that I did not do this on my own but it was the Holy Spirit working through me. I would like to encourage everybody reading this to get out there and share the gospel with your friends, family, co-workers, etc.

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes..." Romans 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter