Sunday, June 7, 2009

You are my density...I mean, my destiny

Greetings Fairy Followers,

We are a week past graduation now and will be officially starting summer vacation. Which, in my family, means starting summer school a half hour later than we started regular school.

The end of the school year always brings thoughts of the "what's next." For graduates it's a big question of what are you going to do as a grown up. For the rest of us it's the answer to what we will be doing for the summer and then the next school year. I just completed my summer "to do" list. It has no fewer than forty individual items on it. Not counting the regular weekly things like mow the lawn, weed the garden and cook dinner.

You may feel you have the next 12 weeks peacefully planned and ready to go. Or you may be more of a fly by the seat of your pants vacationer. Either way, be prepared.

I've been studying Esther and one point the teacher made about chapter four was that often the pivots of our destiny are negotiated during the worst times. On the day when you've gotten up late, missed your ride and your cup of coffee is the day you meet someone on the street who needs your shoulder. They day you lose your job is the day you feel prompted to give to a missionary friend. Have you seen this before in your life? I know I have and it makes me a little fearful to peek around the corner...but who better to entrust with your destiny, than the creator of the universe?

So, like George McFly, chug the shake, walk across the room and meet your density...I mean, your destiny, head on. Your hands may shake, your voice might quiver, but the outcome will be worth it.

Fly on Fairy Followers,

Blessings, The B.D.F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter